The California Natural Resources Agency is the executive sponsor of the California Advisory Committee on Geographic Names (CACGN). Five Departments are represented: Conservation, Fish and Wildlife, Forestry and Fire Protection, Parks and Recreation, and Water Resources. Currently, three federal agencies also provide Advisors from California to the CACGN: the USDA Forest Service, the DOI Bureau of Land Management, and the U.S. Geological Survey.
- Clayton Guiraud, California Department of Water Resources
- Paul Veisze, California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Sara Morrison (Chair), California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Solomon McCrea, California Department of Conservation
- Tiffany Meyer (Past-Chair), California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
- Carol Ostergren, U.S. Geological Survey
- VACANT, Bureau of Land Management
- Jeffrey Ferguson, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Jim Spero, California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Past Chair)
- Rich Spradling, USDA Forest Service
CACGN records are readily accessible at the California State Archives, 1020 "O" Street, Sacramento, the corner of "O" and 10th.
The Archives office is open Monday through Friday and the first Saturday of the month from 9:30am to 4pm. Go to the Archives Research Room, make the request and the materials will be brought to you. If desired, call or e-mail in advance for materials to be ready upon arrival.
Reference Desk - (916) 653-2246
FAX - (916) 653-7363
e-mail - ArchivesWeb@sos.ca.gov
Sydney Bailey, California State Archives' State Records Appraisal Program at Archives, (916) 653-6734.
Questions or Comments?
Department of Forestry and Fire Protection