California Advisory Committee on Geographic Names
The purpose of California Advisory Committee on Geographic Names (CACGN) is to provide recommendations to the U.S. Board on Geographic Names regarding California names for official use in federal publications. The California Natural Resources Agency is the CACGN executive sponsor.
The full CACGN Charter that sets forth the roles, responsibilities and terms of engagement can be found HERE.
You are invited to our upcoming meeting. Attendance details coming soon.
Date: December 8 at 10:00 Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Topic: California Advisory Committee on Geographic Names Meeting
Agenda coming soon!
(as of 8/15/21)
- Mary Simmerer, Department of Water Resources
- Daniel Walsh, Department of Parks and Recreation
- Richard Lis, Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Amy Loseth, Department of Conservation
- Tiffany Meyer, Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Acting Chair)
- Christina Snider, Native American Heritage Commission
- Greg Lucas, California State Library
- Susan Anderson, California African American Museum
- Carol Ostergren, United States Geological Survey
- James Barnes, United States Bureau of Land Management
- Jeffery Ferguson, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Rich Spradling, United States Forest Service
- Amanda Kaplan, National Park Service
Ex-Officio Members (non-voting):
- Amar Azucena Cid, Department of Transportation
- Assemblymember James C. Ramos, Select Committee on Native American Affairs
- Reginald Byron Jones-Sawyer, Sr., Legislative Black Caucus
- Assemblymember Luz Rivas, Latino Legislative Caucus
- Assemblymember Ash Kalra, Asian Pacific Islander Legislative Caucus
- Senator Susan Eggman, Legislative LGBTQ Caucus
- Designee TBD, Legislative Women’s Caucus
Emeritus Advisors (non-voting):
- Jim Trumbly, former Chair, retired State Parks
- Will Patterson, past member, California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Clayton Guiraud, past member, Department of Water Resources